30 July 2009

What started as a comment has turned into a post

Jarv, what a great entry. So much to comment on. I started typing a comment and it became a post.

I've been chanting the name Freddy Sanchez around the house hoping that just wanting it enough would result in a trade. This has done nothing good for my sanity nor for that of my wife.

But instead the Giants were able to get him straight up for the fourth best prospect in their minor league system. Are you telling me the Twins couldn't match that? I very nearly sent Bill Smith an extremely short email expressing my disgust. But part of me wants to be welcome at Twins games for the next sixty years or so.

A pox on you, Bill Smith. Signing Joe Crede doesn't redeem the bonehead Santana trade, the Matt Garza (ALCS MVP)and Jason Bartlett (currently 3rd in AL in hitting) for Delmon Young and Brendan Harris trade, or giving $8.5 million to a guy who wouldn't make the Washington Natinals and refuses to quit sliding head first into first base.

The Twins are getting an atrocious .505 OPS from their second baseman. If that doesn't demand a move, I don't know what does.

Even a sweep of the hated White Sox doesn't improve my mood regarding the Twins decision to stand pat - unless you count signing 39 year old Mark Grudzielanek to a minor league deal as a significant move.

No comments:

Post a Comment