10 June 2009

The Los Angeles Clippers Select ...

1. Los Angeles Clippers - Blake Griffin (F/Oklahoma)

So we're taking a look at the draft not as who the Clippers will take, but who they should take. If I am the GM of the Clippers I still have a hard time taking Griffin and here's why. He fits the same trap that every GM falls in each year. Good player but you're picking on upside. He has a ton of potential. If the Clippers hadn't signed Baron Davis last year, I would pick Rubio. But now your lot is cast with Baron Davis and his back. Even though Griffin is drafting on potential, he'll fill a need you'll have once you get rid of stiffs like Zach Randolph and Marcus Camby. Replacing Zach Randolph with the work ethic of Blake Griffin is a clear upgrade. One you can't pass up if you're the Clippers.

1 comment:

  1. I see it kind of differently, where this is a draft of potential and Griffin is the only sure thing. Rubio looks good in Spain but the NBA is much more difficult; I think he's much more about potential than Griffin. Griffin is going to get his 20 and 10 playing acceptable post defense for a long time in the NBA. He has the athletic ability to maybe be better than that even. I think Griffin is a no-brainer at #1 and I love Rubio.

    ReplyDelete